Paul Dallas
(member)
08/24/14 05:19 PM
Re: 2014 Cardinals...........

I'm gonna go ahead and blame this error of posting on the wrong thread on the heat, the civil unrest, and uh, maybe a few too many Zeke's Pale Ales.

Speaking of beer and as long as we got this thread properly D-railed, Haus, I got a brewing question or 2 for ye.

1) My homegrown hops (Cascade) looked liked they had finished growing, so yesterday I got out the extension ladder and lowered the vines and harvested. Got them drying on a screen out on the screen porch right now. You ever do a wet-hop brew? If I were to do this, what flavor difference could I expect vs. doing a regular dry-hop?

2) Thinking of brewing a batch in the next few days, but unaccustomed as I am to brewing in the summer, my immersion chiller attached to the garden hose will likely not work quite as good as it would in the winter months as the water coming out of the tap is quite warm. However, I'm thinking what if I took the kids old wading pool, filled it up with water, and dropped about 6 or 10 bags of ice in it, then take my boiling hot wort, still in its stainless steel pot, and set it right in this ice water bath. Is this ill advised? Wouldn't it chill the brew down pretty quick?

Thanks,
Paul Dallas

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5