last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
08/25/14 02:07 PM
Re: 2014 Cardinals...........

Quote:

HAUS said:
I've not ever brewed with wet hops. Might sound gross, but throw one in your mouth and chew on it. That would be the best way to see. I think it would be a bit more subtle than dried, but I don't know for sure.

As for chilling, I boil in a half bbl keg. (Not knowing how big your kettle is, take this with a grain of salt)
When finished, I put in the immersion chiller, and then put the keg in an old wash tub I have. I then let the "waste" water fill the tub and run out. I'm on a well and it will chill boiling wort down to 68-70° in about an hour in the hot assed summer. I don't use any ice.

I'd find something smaller in diameter than the kiddie pool unless you're on a well too. that's a chit load of aqua wasted.

Back when I was doing partial batches on the stove, I'd set my 5 gal pot in the sink w/immersion chiller and an ice bath. How big is your boil kettle?

As for the last question, getting it chilled as fast as possible is the goal. I've got a plate heat exchanger due to arrive from British Columbia any day now. It will chill 10bbl of boiling wort down to 68° in 30 mins using my well water. That will cut down on some time, but it comes with a cost.. All for the low price of $3k..

So serious, so technical, so worked up.

It's just beer.

bwaaaaaaaaa

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5