10/31/14 12:01 PM
Re: The O'Fischial 2014 Royals bet thread

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
...I could care less who does once the Cardinals are out.

This is not at all a pointed post at you Jeff....it just happens that you said it above and I think it is a sentiment shared by most Cardinal fans at least....maybe most of the country for all I know.

I was in the St. Louis area during game one. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings at Boones Crossing in Chesterfield thinking it would be a happening place to watch the game. I don't like the food there but plenty of televisions and sports atmosphere.

They did have the Series on the main television but the crowd was more interested in watching soccer, minor league hockey and volleyball.

I wasn't expecting to walk in to a sea of Blue and bottles of Billy Butler bbq sauce all over the place but there was one person I saw there wearing a Cardinals shirt....you would have thought nobody there had ever seen baseball....which I know is not the case because I was in the area the month prior and someone wanting to go there and you could hardly carry on a conversation because of the fans on the edge of their seats for every play during a regular season Cardinals game.

It just must be different. In this area it is an event...The World Series. It was great to see the Royals in it but....yes, we are used to them not being there....I watch every game of the World Series regardless of the teams because it is the Series....just like the Super Bowl...and usually the Stanley Cup finals.

I am a Royals fan and have been for years....but I am also a baseball fan.

Just happen to be a fan of the most liked team in baseball instead of the most hated

Dabs you twice picked a place to watch a game that sits in the middle of a 5 mile long strip center. The mecca of suburbia, chain food and super sales.

Not sure what tree you're trying to bark up about "fans" but find another place to have a beer.

bwaaaaaaaaaa

Exactly.........that's yuppyville personified.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5