sptsman
(member)
12/30/14 03:44 PM
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues

I am guessing they see Allen as their netminder of the future. They are using this time to see what he's made of and if he can, in fact, be the netminder of the future. Who knows?

I will say that Marty didn't exactly turn any heads with stellar play when he's been in there. In fact, he's been very average. Between that and the age, they're probably not going to play him more than once every 3 or 4 games. He's had a few shining moments but he's also had a few opportunities to shine and hasn't. Some of that could be rust or it could be that he's 42 and may not be as good as he was. Again, who knows?

I am far more concerned about what is going on in front of the net than in it. The game last night was good example of how this team can play, if they all decide to play the same game, the same night, with maximum intensity. That has not been the case for many, many games this season. Too many payers that can't seem to bring their A game to every shift, every shot, every stride and every hit. Guys like Berglund that turn it on every so often and play lackluster the rest of the time. This team is lacking consistency in the intensity dept.

Another huge concern is the lack of scoring productivity by guys that should be scoring. Where are Steen, Oshie, Berglund, Stastny...? And take a look at some of the +/- stats. Very disappointing to see Pietrangelo at -10 and Backes at -5. Backes is still killing this team with his lack of discipline, bad penalties at the worst times and overly-aggressive play at times. The dude just has to learn to play smarter. You can't question his talent or his heart but I've said it a million times and I'll say it again; He's dumb as a bag of hammers and should not be the Captain of any team. Turn the "C" over to Tarasenko.

The good news is that there is still time to work on the weaknesses and work out some of the bugs. I'll be interested to see how they handle the keepers if Elliott comes back and stays healthy.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5