griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
01/04/15 07:10 PM
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

last_stand said:

You think "Blues have a goalie problem" is some kind of news?

Halak was here for 4 years. Armstrongs own guy. He never did chit. He hated it here and finally no one wanted him here. He brewed, he stewed, he whined. A real headcase. He was never going to win anything here.

As for Allen, did you not wonder why he never played a game up here all of last year? With all the problems we had?

As for Elliott, he's always been under rated overall as a goalie imo. Ottowa and St. Louis. My ONLY complaint about him is his own playoff performance. Both series he's had, he folded with soft goals after playing brilliantly early on to open the series up. And THAT'S why Armstrong did what he did last year. Right or wrong, that's why he did it. THAT'S why he brought Miller in net for post season. You wanna make a point over and over how wrong it was fine. Pretty clear it didn't work out, and you can think whatever the fork you want but not for one second do I think Halak was ever going to bring us anything.

I don't call Elliott a mistake. Not by a long shot. And he's been unfairly maligned by a lot of fans here. But Halak, Miller and very possibly Allen ARE mistakes. And that just covers the last 4 years of the Blues long running woes in goal.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This from the guy who sang the praises of Miller and Allen and has always talked Elliot down. What a damn joke.

The fact remains..... Halak and Elliot were one of the top goalie tandems in the league last year and the Blues were at the top of their game.......and then we brought the forking head case idiot in. You all sang like little girls.....and the entire season went up in smoke.

Shameful.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5