02/09/15 08:41 PM
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Yesterday's Hawks game was a statement game.

I love the way "hockey people" throw this term around. What a crock of horseshit. The Blues need to make some adjustments now that Shattenkirk is down.....that's pretty much the only thing that has changed from the team that took 25 of 26 points before losing the last two. This game says NOTHING about this team that has played 7 games in 11 days without some big guns....traveling back and forth non-stop.

Geezus....."statement game".....forking stop already. There are 28 games left.

People throw that around because it has some merit. You really don't think the Hawks left STL Sunday afternoon feeling just a little more confident about who they are and how they just handled the Blues? You really don't think some, if not most of the Blues felt they were just reminded of the last two years of playoff exits (one of which was by the Hawks!!)? You really don't think Elliott left that building wondering "what if" he would have made just one or two more saves? No doubt he has the talent and skills. The doubt is whether or not he has the mental toughness to succeed in the big games. Yesterday was a big game...

I am placing all of my hope in the fact the Hitchcock can coach them through this and have them ready for the playoffs. And I'm praying like hell Elliott can finally rise to the occasion, instead of folding like a cheap tent when he's needed the most...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No, I think Elliot probably left that building thinking....I'm hungry, let's go grab a burger.

I believe Hitchcock's answer when asked if this was a "character game" (another made up phrase by hockey dimwits) was, "uh....not with a third of the schedule still to play".

Seriously......we can save the catchy hockey phrases for a while and just enjoy some really good hockey.

Two losses and you revert to meaningless hockey clichés.....you sound like Backes.

I'm thinking we should take your moderator status away and make you Captain.

griffin

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5