sptsman
(member)
04/05/15 11:21 AM
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

IIFID said:
Hitchcock has been behind the bench for a lot of regular season wins. His winning % during the regular season is around .600 which is pretty impressive.
But his winning % in the playoffs is closer to .520. That's a pretty big difference in my opinion. And if you take away the TWO seasons in Dallas where they won the Cup one year and the conference the other in back to back years and where he went 30 - 16 in the playoffs - well then his playoff record is 44 - 52 or .458.

But you can't take away the 2 seasons in Dallas because they are part of his body of work. Did you take away his two worst seasons and see how it looks? This reminds me of the fans that tell me a losing pitcher was great. They say things like, "If you take away the two homeruns, he pitched a great game and would have gotten the win..." When evaluating a player, coach, GM or whatever, you have to take the whole body of work. You would find darn few knowledgeable hockey people that would argue that Hitchcock is anything other than a darn fine Head Coach.

No coach as ever won a Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup or any championship without some of his hometown fans thinking he is a complete idiot... Heck, LaRussa was called a moron by half of the fan base in STL.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5