sptsman
(member)
04/21/15 09:52 PM
Re: 2014-2015 Saint Louis Blues

I seriously think these guys do not know how to play smart and tough, with high intensity. They can play smart at times. They play with high intensity at times. They can act and even behave like their tough at times. But they don't seem to have a clue how to play all three at the same time. Backes plays as hard as anyone most of the time. But he doesn't have clue how to play smart with that intensity. He flies around like a human pinball and wants to get into scrums every other play. That's dumb. When he plays like that, he's useless. And it isn't just him. Most of the team plays that way (using Backes as an example because he is the Captain and because I know last stand will have a cow when he sees his beloved hero being criticized). I've never seen a defense play so loose and sloppy in the playoffs. They back off the blueline and give waaaaay to much space up when defending. The offense is slow and lazy coming back to support and the forecheck is all but nonexistent. This is not what got them to the playoffs and it damn sure isn't going to get them to advance...

There is still a good chance to win this series but it will take some serious changes in the way they are playing. I am hopeful but not sure if I am optimistic.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5