dabsAdministrator
()
08/28/15 05:08 PM
Re: Royals bet thread

Food for thought.....

.....I firmly believe you can find statistical data to back up just about whatever you want to prove...all you have to do is look.

People can talk about -

- Starting pitching for your team has an ERA that is XXXX, which is way worse than our team, which is ZZZZZZ.

- Oh, you play in the weakest league in the majors, if you had to compete with good teams your record would be terrible.

- You get an extra out every batting rotation because your recreation league doesn't even make the pitchers hit.

It got me to thinking - and here is the stat from this year I found interesting....for what it is worth.

The Royals were matched up against National League Central teams 19 games (if I counted correctly...very well could have made a mistake) so far this season - The record for the Royals against those teams is 13-6....or a winning percentage of .684. (You know....the big boy league)

While at the same time, the Cardinals were matched up against American League Central teams 20 games (if I counted correctly...very well could have made a mistake)so far this season - The record for the Cardinals against those teams is 11-9.....or a winning percentage of .55. (You know.....the AAA league)

My statistical review is done for the year - you can make them say whatever you want to...they are just numbers.

Next up - the Ray's.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5