09/22/15 11:18 PM
Re: Royals bet thread

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Your best pickup, your best reason to go deep in the playoffs....is a designated hitter.

Jesus that must be exciting. Just the wait alone must be excruciating.......but then, 8 glorious minutes a game makes up for all of it.

Wait, it might go up to 12. Do they let him run the bases?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I understand how it would be hard to comprehend....but when 6 or 7 of the other starters were already "exciting" we didn't need more "excitement"....just "production"

Johnny C, who will be back in his Ace form for the playoffs, on the surface this should be a better team than took them to game 7 last year.

dab

Production......hence the need to pick up Jonny Gomes. That's a shitload of production yall picked up for $400,000. Just slightly cheaper than John Lackey and his $500,000 contract and the 12 wins and 200 IP he has given STL.

I could counter with a slam comparison to a St. Louis player with lots of numbers and stats.....but my give a damn just doesn't give a damn about smoke and mirror responses.

Johnny Gomes was picked up as a situational player plane and simple as that....and his popularity as a dugout leader.

He was brought in for his success in situational hitting....his numbers are much better against pitchers that throw left.....or maybe it is right...handed. I will let you search that one out.

He will be a tool to bring off the bench as a pinch hitter in certain situations....should they make it to the playoffs.

With Seattle already hitting two home runs in the first inning tonight we might be playing the bad news bears in the mighty midget league playoffs....you just don't know

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5