sptsman
(member)
11/05/15 12:28 PM
Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

WOW!! I would have bet big money that game was over after the first period. I kept the game on not to see a win but just to see if they would show some character and at least represent themselves in periods 2 and 3. Between Chicago going into a funk and the Blues turning it up 5 notches, I have to say that was one of the most impressive wins I've seen in a while. To do that in the Hawks home building is impressive!!

A few notes early in the season:
Gunnarsson is still a liability and needs to play more consistently or be moved to another team or to the AHL (not sure if that is even an option). Once Shattenkirk gets back they will have the depth at D to give him the choice, step it up or step out! I have been impressed with Petteri Lindbohm, when he's had the chance to play. Bring him up.

Colton Parayko is going to win at least one Norris Trophy and probably multiple, in his career. For him to be this good, this poised, this impactful in his first year, in the NHL, at age 22 is unbelievable. It is not so hard to believe for an offensive player but defensemen usually take a few years to develop and play this good. The crazy thing is that he looks a little like Pronger but really skates like him as well.

Backes is slowly coming around but he has clearly lost a full step. He is getting out-skated on a regular basis. Wondering if the bruising style of play over the years is taking its toll a few years earlier than it hits most NHL'ers. He is going to have to compensate for his lost speed by playing smarter. Not exactly his strong suit. As much as I think he is a very bad "C" I am pulling for him to get better.

The netminding situation is simply baffling. I guess we just hold our breath and hope it works itself out. Personally, I disagree with griffin and think Allen has the higher upside. Just not sure if either of them can carry the water. Then again, if the team plays well in front of them and doesn't need the goalie to steal a game, they'll be just fine with either. But you rarely see Cup winners with just average netminding...

Looong way to go. They've done an admirable job getting along without some very key players. Let's hope they can maintain that until they get healthy...

Go Blue!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5