sptsman
(member)
11/12/15 02:00 PM
Re: Pinkels new plan for quarterback

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Seems to me the answer is simple, if it bothers anyone enough. Get involved in politics. Doesn't mean you have to run or even actively campaign for anyone (although those are the most effective ways) but at least contribute to candidates you believe in and publically and vocally support them. Make phone calls and write to people that are paid to represent you. Public university administrations and your political representatives need to become besieged with phone calls, letters, e-mails, etc. (but do this intelligently, not with crazy rants). Write letters to the editors, reply in the comment sections of on-line publications, etc. (again, do this with intelligent commentary that shows the hypocrisy and idiocy of this stuff, without sounding like a zealot). And as always, make your point with your pocketbook. Support candidates, causes and businesses that support your ideals and let the ones that don't know you will not be giving them a dime of your money...

I listen to people get their panties in a wad over all of this but do nothing. I disagree with 98% of this stuff but I do admire their willingness to take a stand and speak loudly. It seems the other side of the argument is held by people that don't care enough to get off their arses and do anything. The news isn't going to report about a mad white guy that sat in his house and biatched to his wife and on-line about it...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5