H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
12/09/15 02:22 AM
Re: Royals bet thread

Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Speaking of next years chances......... Your #1 starter will be in free agency, your closer won't be pitching all year due to Tommy John Surgery, A starter won't be back from Tommy John either, Gordon is GONE, Rios will be released Zobrist might stay but don't bet the house on it.

$72 million in commitments, and 7 players in Arbitration....which will put yall close to $100 million on payroll without two outfielders, short a reliever, & missing a couple starters minimum. $100 million payroll and 9 players short of a full team. $113 million dollar payroll on opening day this year. Mr. Wal-Mart won't be spending big money or much of that playoff money they just made on big contracts, so where does one get 9 good players for $13-20 million. Those owners aren't going much higher than $120 million for next year. You just traded your 2 best pitching prospects. Your best OF prospects were in Single A this season.

I guess we get to see how deep the Royals are and how creative they get with so many players gone from this year to the 2016 season.

I guess "new money" didn't want to spend any of that new money from their WS win, the extra million fans, and promotional hats/shirts/etc. to keep Zobrist around. Seemed they loved his wife and family as well. Cueto is gone, and who would want him back? Holland is gone for the year and who knows what his contract is going to be now. Rios released. I think Gordon is gone also. Reloading for 2016 and a title run is starting to look like Harry from Dumb and Dumber asking if he had a chance with Mary.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5