last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
12/13/15 12:13 PM
Re: 2016 STL Cardinals

Quote:

sptsman said:
Last year at this time both the Nationals and Padres had "won" the off-season and were going to have to duke it out in the NLCS to see who would claim the WS trophy. See how that worked out?

Come August, the Cards will be right in the thick of it, possibly even with the Division lead. The Cubs have spent a lot of money and have a darn good team on paper. But how many teams have been declared "the team to beat" in the off-season and don't even make the playoffs? The DeWitt/Mozeliak combo has been pretty good the last several years. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...

Sure the cubs can fall down. Have some injuries for a change. Watch Arrietta pitch like he did his first 7 years in the majors. Have the 38 year old Lackey get shelled. All that can happen. Hope it does.

But that ain't a way to run a rail road. I didn't go after Price and Heyward, Mo did. Two big swings and misses no matter how you slice it. If that's somehow good news in the voodoo world better let him in on it.

My point is, here on, with what's left on the board, he has to get it right. We have lost 2 key players and we have 4 core players one year older 3 of whom missed a ton of time last year with injury and never recovered to produce.

Mo knows all this. Which is why he went hard after Price and Heyward.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5