sptsman
(member)
12/22/15 03:33 PM
Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

Quote:

griffin said:
I notice #91 gets knocked on his ass quite a bit. That needs to end. Every time it happens there should be hell to pay. The Blues need to wake up and protect their scorers. It's an issue for the Captain to address.....or make a new forking "C".

griffin

Backes is a weak "C". I've been saying it for years. They should have given it to Tarasenko this year or maybe even to Parayko next year. It simply has to be removed from Backes' sweater...

They have the best or one of the best penalty kill units in the NHL. Take a few roughing or fighting penalties if needed to deliver the message. I have very vivid memories of players rouging up Gretzky and getting a face-full of Marty McSorley or Dave Semenko within seconds. And it was usually pretty ugly. How often did Steve Yzerman get roughed up with Bob Probert or Darren McCarty nearby? Reaves is pretty good but he doesn't have that psycho edge that opponents fear, like Tony Twist or Bob Probert or Tie Domi (or if you want to stroll down memory lane, like Dave Schultz or Clark Gillies). And to let a forkin' Ruskie like Medvedev run roughshod over players is just a complete disgrace. They should have been using a broom an shovel to pick up his chiclets off the ice by the middle of the 2nd period.

This team better toughen up and get some heart or it is going to be another short playoff run...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5