sptsman
(member)
04/21/16 11:28 AM
Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

Quote:

griffin said:
....even in the face of overwhelming evidence against you.

griffin

Holy chit!!! The one thing you have against your silly, revisionist position is the evidence and the facts!!! You're opinion is your opinion and obviously you and ls value it greatly. Fine. But you ignore the FACTS!!!! He may have been mismanaged, mistreated, misunderstood, misplaced or whatever. But prior to this year he was a good regular season goalie with some injuries and bad games in the limited playoff experience he had. Those are the FACTS (i.e. evidence)!!! If you built a top tier team that you thought could get to the finals and all you had was a goalie that had shown what Elliott had shown, you would be a piss poor GM, if you didn't try to solidify that position. And that's what they did with the Miller deal. While we're all brilliant know-it-all's a year or two or three later, GM's only have the facts in front of them to work with. They don't get the benefit of hindsight and second guessing like you provide. The Miller deal was clearly a bust and odds are very good Elliott would have provided a better performance. But that's hindsight. At the time, the facts and evidence supported DA's move and most sensible fans understood it.

I'm an on Elliott's bandwagon now because he's a good dude and has worked his arse off to be one of the the best goalies in the NHL. He has tweaked his game and it shows in his performances. If you claim he is the same goalie now that he was in past years, you're simply full of chit and just like to stir the pot (which is completely unacceptable on this forum).

Now, STFU and pay attention. I'll be giving analysis and you and ls can learn a lot from from it.

BTW, Backes appears to have figured it out as well. I suppose you're going to tell me he's always been this good in the last three years of playoffs too...

Go Elliott!!!!!

Go Backes!!!!!!!

Go Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5