sptsman
(member)
04/24/16 12:19 PM
Re: 2015-2016 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

Quote:

last_stand said:
I want Ells to give us the best game of his life. He can choose tonight or Monday.

The rest will follow.

He picked Monday apparently...

You can hardly blame that loss on him but it would have been nice for him to stand on his head and save the rest of his teammates when they decided to quit in the 2nd and 3rd periods...

So, now we have a reality check. Since this time last year, there has really only been one question. Can the core players shake off the label of quitters, chokers or whatever label you want to give them? Last night was the perfect example of what we have seen for the last 3 years. A team that has proven they heave the skill, talent and coaching but just lack the fortitude to dig deep and finish the job. And when the going got tough, I mean really tough, they folded like a cheap suit... Granted, they are playing the defending Cup champs and a damn good team but they have already shown they can beat them, by going up 3-1 in the series and winning twice in their building.

Will they rise to the occasion Monday night? Will they be golfing by next weekend? Will Backes be able to say he did the best he could and we're on to round 2 or will he give his well seasoned and often used, we-just-didn't-play-good-enough post playoff game interviews?

I guess we'll see what happens Monday night. Every previously let-down-by-the-Blues bone in my body says it's over. It feels like the Blues have given up and are defeated before they even step on the ice Monday night. It feels like every one of them can't shake the oh-chit-here-we-go-again mentality. It feels like the Hawks smell blood in the water lie a hungry shark and the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

But alas, I am a Blues fan!! We hang on to any hope we can muster to drown out the feelings of possible defeat and hold on to hope!!! I will find a replica Barclay Plager sweater, put it on and sit on the edge of my seat Monday night (unless I get a call to go to the game). I will live and die with every stride of Backes' skates and pray he scores the game winner.

Go Blues!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5