last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Allen showed he can carry the load.

What load? You mean play off load? When was that?

He and Elliott are about the same goalies. Allen played well enough in the playoffs to show he can carry the load about the same as Elliott.

Against Minn the prior season he fell apart.

Against the Sharks, one decent game and one not.

His whole pro career in juniors/ahl was a playoff mess.

He has never matched up "about the same" to Elliott's best playoff level.

They are loving the trade in Calgary as they should, we shipped the wrong guy out there. Of course, I doubt Calgary would have taken Allen.

If tomorrow, I needed one of the two to play an important game, I would pick Elliott. That being said, I would not panic at the thought of Allen playing that game over Elliott... They both have some very good games on their resumes and both have a few stinkers, in the playoffs...

I did just hear that Elliott's agent called the Blues and asked that he be traded to a team that would make him their #1 netminder. If that is true (apparently Armstrong said it), then you have to look at it logically. The chances of him signing a big deal with the Blues, after this season were very slim. He's going to get a good 3-5 year deal from some team and the Blues simply would not be able to make that work. There are far too many needs that will be eating up that cap space. Keeping this core of players will not be cheap...

Remove emotion and look at it from a business and logical standpoint. This deal is not going to hurt the Blues in the long run unless Allen falls on his face, gets a long term injury or Elliott becomes the next Martin Brodeur, at age 31 or 32...

The fact that people in Calgary are happy doesn't mean it is bad deal for the Blues. Hell, they were happy when they got Rick Wamsley for a fledgling young player by the name of Brett Hull. WTF do they know? This deal wasn't about getting the 35th player in the draft. It was about clearing some cap space, clearing room to let Allen be the #1 and getting something of any value for an asset they were going to lose anyway...

Go Blues...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5