12/01/16 05:49 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

HAUS said:
Quote:

griffin said:
there is nothing that I can find that makes watching them enjoyable.

not even a case of IPA??

No....watching them just sucks, no matter how much I drink. In fact, those bastards even kill the enjoyment of drinking. I've got tickets for the Montreal game next week and told my daughter she can take a friend and I won't go. Eventually I will settle in on what I hate about this team......but Perron, Stasny, Berglund, and Allen are prime suspects. I can't stand any of them.

So, let's review: They are 2nd in their Division, 2nd in the Western Conference and 4th in the entire NHL. And that is with a mini-losing streak already. WTF makes you happy?

They are a new team of sorts with some key guys gone, some new guys in place and a whole new coaching staff behind Hitchcock. Any hockey-knowledgeable, sane, non-grumpy person would expect it to take at least 20-30 games for all of that to gel into a cohesive unit. From what I've seen in the last 10 games or so, they have gelled about as good as you can gel. Plenty to criticize, to be sure, but overall, they are doing pretty well...

Not sure why you have a hard-on for Perron but he's been fine. In fact, you could argue he has been better than expected. If you are basing it on the Perron that left, let me ask you this. Are you the same at your job in the 2nd half of your career as you were in the early years? Perhaps it is time to acknowledge that he is a pretty good hockey player and is doing pretty well. He's never going to compete with the NHL greats but he will get you 20-30 goals a year. He needs to clean up his 2-way game and be a little stronger in the defensive and neutral zones but I think Hitch will help him get better there.

I don't see this team a Cup contender either but that could still happen. They have the skill, speed talent and size. It is just a matter of putting it all together and gelling a little more. It will come. No need to hate on them and get all negative...

I also see a trade happening.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5