last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
12/05/16 06:21 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

sptsman said:
Griff, take down the Backes fathead off your wall and pay attention. This team will not have their full identity and potential realized until the 2nd half of the season. New coaches, a new captain, some new players, new leaders, etc... When you consider that and look at where they are today, nothing to complain about that isn't nit-picking...

We're on the same page with the need for a player or two to round things out but those guys don't grow on trees and they don't come cheap when it comes to acquiring one... We'll just have to hold tight and see what happens with a possible trade. You just pray some GM thinks Berglund is worth more than a bag of practice pucks. Just unloading him for a crappy draft pick would be worth it to free up cap space and get some other player in the lineup. He may go down as the biggest waste of money in Blues history.

When this team plays the way Hitch wants them to play, they are as good as any team in the NHL. When they don't, they look like one of the worst. They just don't have the depth of skill players to overcome poor effort or poor execution. But they have enough talent to win. We've seen it. They have the size and speed to play with anyone in the playoffs. They will just have a hard time winning any games without good execution and 100% effort. You hear teams occasionally say they got lucky with a win, because they didn't play as good as they could have. That's not the Blues...

Go Blue...

They've certainly won games in OT that should never have gone to OT. They've had some luck there for sure.

And what do you expect to get in trade for Bergy and his 7 point season? This team needs a #1 center of which there are none available of which if they were you are talking about sending a mix of Fabbri or Schwartz or Parayko off to get one.

Hell, the one guy that's talked about being traded more than any other is Shattenkirk and he has 19 points and DA can't find a fair deal for him.

I'm all for a super one sided trade that we come out on top of but that is going to be next to impossible to pull off. Lots of teams looking for the same talent. As long as the Blues are flirting at the top of the West, it won't be torn apart on a chance.

I looked at this year as a transition year. Hoping Schwartz and Fabbri and Parayko to catch up with a Steen, Tarasenko and a Petro to catch lightning in a bottle along with a F/A pickup or two for a run next year.

Agree when they are on they are on. Agree it's the second half that matters. Agree we are long shots for anything past the second round.

But count me in. After 50 years, whenever this team does it, I want to be on board.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5