sptsman
(member)
12/06/16 02:44 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

ls - not looking for anything for Berglund. Just hoping to get him off the ice and unload what's left of the $3.7 million, at the end of this disastrous contract. And I'm not optimistic that anyone will take him unless he's packaged with someone they want and DA demands they take him as part of the deal. Even then the Blues will have to eat some of that contract...

And if they trade Parayko for anyone other than an all-star player, I'd be furious and go all griffin-like on the Blues... He's one of only 3 or 4 players on this team that I think can be a future HOF'er...

griff - Dude, you got a real hard-on for the boyz in Blue this year. I agree the team as it stands today will not make it past round 2. Especially with Chicago in the mix. If the Hawks are healthy and firing on all cylinders, they will be in the finals ... no matter what the Blues do with trades. But a lot can happen between now and April.

Allen is a non-factor. He isn't going to win or lose a Cup. He's good enough to support a good team. He isn't Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur but not many are. And yes, he's fully capable of laying an egg, just like 95% of the netminders in the NHL. If they get on a roll in the playoffs, you hope he can play at the top of his game, maybe even steal one or two and avoid the ugly losses...

I don't see this team as soft. I see them with a tenacious forecheck and a pretty good 2-way game, when their on. The style Hitch wants them to play isn't as much about banging hard on the boards as much as it is finishing checks, cutting off passing lanes/angles and disrupting the other team's exit from the defensive zone. The only place I see them as weak or soft is in front of the net, where Backes and Brouwer could muck it up better than the guys we have now. As far as I'm concerned, that's where they need to be looking for a trade. But as stated earlier, so is every other team in the league...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5