sptsman
(member)
01/24/17 12:55 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

Quote:

IIFID said:
Which good front office person from another organization would step into this mess? I think the Blues ownership/organization probably doesn't have the best reputation at this point...

This mess? Are you serious? An ownership that will spend to the cap limit, some top tier players (including a few potential superstars in Tarasenko and Parayko), a strong fan base, top 4 finish just last season... I think you may have a serious misconception regarding how the Blues are viewed by serious hockey people. This would be a good job to land for most GM's and certainly for any prospective GM.

I would be surprised if they replace Armstrong. He / they made a few miscalculations this past offseason with the attempt to offset the loss in beef with speed. I think the idea was that some of these key players, making big money would see the opportunity and step it up a notch. They either overestimated their talent levels or their heart/character. I would say it is the heart/character issue because we watched this team excel in the first half of the season. Armstrong may not be the issue. I would think they will let Yeo run the ship for the rest of the season and then make a decision on Armstrong.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5