sptsman
(member)
02/17/17 12:58 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

I got to see a good portion of that game. Not their best game but a solid effort. The execution was lacking but the effort carried them. Pretty much what we saw the first few moths of the season.

Shattenkirk has to be traded, unless they simply can't get any significant value for him. I doubt that because there are at least 3 or 4 teams that could use him for a playoff run and would have some chance to sign him. He's going to get $5-$7 mil per year for 4 or 5 years from someone. And from what I hear, he wants to be somewhat selective about where he signs his new deal. In a perfect world, he signs an extension as part of the deal and gets traded for some value. That's probably a pipe dream... The best rumor I've heard is to Toronto for James van Riemsdyk. The problem with that is he makes $4.75 mil and only has one year on his deal. But he would be a good fill-in for a missing Fabbri.

Berglund is a piece of chit. Where was this play for the last 5 years? Now that he has a new deal to sign, he decides to play like he should have been playing all along? You're right though, the Blues will look at him and say they can't find any big centers like him and probably re-sign him. At that point all we can do is hope he finds some character and integrity and learns to play at 100% all of the time. I'll still keep my fingers crossed and hope some other team wants to give up a premium prospect or a high draft pick for him...

Next two games are Buffalo and Florida. Both are mediocre teams that can be beat with the same effort and execution we've seen for the last 6 games...

Go Blue!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5