sptsman
(member)
03/09/17 01:12 PM
Re: 2016-2017 Saint Louis Blues

Tuesday's win against the Wild is what this team is capable of. They were strong in every facet of the game and were especially strong on the forecheck. But the two things that stood out to me were the puck control exiting the defensive zone and the effort. Seeing that effort gave me hope that this team has the talent. Then it just pissed me off to think how so many high paid guys could lay down, get a coach fired for demanding excellence from them and then turn it back on. That is the very definition of lack of character. As Doug Armstrong said, the reason the Hawks are so good is because their best players are always the best players on the ice for any given game.

There are about 5 or 6 players on this team that the Blues could trade tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me one bit. Jaden Schwartz is at the top of that list. Of course you have to include the perennial slug, Berglund and guys like Lehtera, Paajarvi and maybe even Steen, after seeing him turn it on and off.

I hope and pray the off-season includes the acquisition of a real leader. A guy that plays hard every game, every shift, every stride and holds every single player accountable for their effort. I want to see a guy that gets in the face of a puss-mama's-boy like Schwartz (and others) and says, "WTF... You gonna skate or just glide around? You gonna earn that contract or just get by?"

I guess we'll see if these men can find it in themselves to show up and play the rest of the season to get themselves in the playoffs and at least make their owner a few extra bucks, so he can afford to get the guy they need.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5