sptsman
(member)
03/27/17 12:44 PM
Re: Cards.......

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
STL and Molina should just exercise the 2018 option right now and work on a new contract as they find time. Pay the man what he is worth. He still has 3-4 more good years left.

No way Molina accepts it, if the Cards offer it (I'm guessing they already have). He's going to want a 3-4 year deal, if he signs anything.

I love Molina and think he has been the glue, holding this team together for the last 10+ years. But the Cards need to stick to their playbook and not overpay aging veterans. It has made the New England Patriots the best sports franchise in the world. It has been shown time after time that paying aging veterans rarely pays off. And it is especially crippling for mid-market teams like the Cards.

I have to agree with LS, Matheny is not likely to take this or any team to the promised land. He has not been a quick study when it comes to learning how to be a big league manager and how to win with an above average roster. Excluding last year, this team has had the horses to win it all, every year he's had this team. And one could argue that they could have and should have at least made the playoffs last year, had he better prepared them to play a little defense and run the bases at a high school level or higher...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5