last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
06/02/17 10:41 AM
Re: Cards.......

Quote:

HAUS said:
Quote:

they don't have enough talent to overcome their daily brainfarts

talent isn't the problem here. mentality and mental toughness are the problems.

a guy doesn't make it to the show and then forget how to field a ball or run the bases.

whatever term you want to put on it, they lack aggressiveness everywhere and they don't look like they're hungry to win at all costs..

maybe matheny should ditch the no cussing attitude and crawl all over some dudes?? I get the impression he's soft on the guys. yeah, they're talented, but you have to continually push them to get better and put pressure on them. if you can't drop an F bomb to get your point across or get their attention, maybe you ain't tough enough??

lots of people hated larussa's micro-managing of the game, but i'm pretty sure his players knew & felt the importance of playing the game hard and smart.

matheny is a nice guy, but sometimes a team needs a dick to run the show, especially with all of the young guys coming up..

Dang good post Haus I agree with most of it but sorry, that infield is not a defensively talented group....and they never were.

Carp has always been here for his bat. Gyrko does his best for sure, capable. Diaz is in the wrong position he's just not a ss and Wong has never shown consistency his time in the bigs.

I can buy they are better than they show. I agree there is no accountability for their sloppy play. And the base running thing? is entirely fixable yet again, no accountability for the slop.

This club misses Kissell and Jose, badly. What they demanded. And they need a manager to insist on something better as well.

And on top of all this they can't hit the baseball, and I know most have the ability to do that.

You'd think having missed the play offs by one stinking, lousy game last year, and there was a score of them to choose from, a light would go on in somebody's head. And I'd start with the manager on that one.

Our Ace is out yet here we sit with one of baseballs best rotations and we struggle to play .500. Tinkers-Evers and Chance we are not but maybe Mo needs to actually do something and put Matheney on notice, REAL NOTICE, and see if that can change things.

Kumbaya sure ain't.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5