sptsman
(member)
07/21/17 12:13 PM
Re: Cards.......

Quote:

last_stand said:
Whelp apparently the Cards are happy to wallow in 3rd and 4th place with one forking disaster of a bullpen virtually guaranteeing defeat in the teeth of victory.

Defense and the bullpen have simply made this team one big pile of frustration.

How many games have we lost with a lead after 7 innings? Don't know but I will guess it's the most in the major leagues.

If the Cards are not leading the majors in lost leads and errors, they have to be darn close. I never thought I would be one of those people that bash the Mgr., but this falls on MM. You have to take ownership and corrective actions when your team plays so fundamentally poor it would embarrass a little league team. Base running, situational hitting, bunting, fielding, and the list goes on...

How Rosenthal is not on a bus to Memphis or sitting in the press box for a few games, is beyond me. If it was his first offense and he was a stellar performer otherwise, you might overlook it. But he has pulled this stunt before and blown multiple leads to boot. These players know there is no real accountability for their poor play and inexcusably poor fundamentals. Why practice a few hours extra each day? Why spend extra time honing your craft? Its not like Matheny is going to bench them or hold them accountable in any way. No, he wants to be a "player's manager" whatever the hell that means.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5