H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
08/17/17 08:00 PM
Re: Cards.......

Quote:

last_stand said:
Well junior, he can hit curve balls, as I said he is 1.5 runs above average hitting them.

He hits fastballs far better, like most players, and that's hardly breaking news.

His biggest issue, by far, is pitch selection and swinging at more strikes and fewer balls. That's his number one problem, pretty obvious.

Well Capt Obvious it's the breaking balls out of the strike zone that is causing him to swing and miss. He thinks he is getting the heater, and the bottom falls out of it. He has one of the WORST non contact averages in the entire league. He makes contact with about 60% of the breaking balls thrown to him. Nearly 80% ok fastballs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what to throw him. Breaking balls that start on the plate and fastballs high in the zone. Those two things are the reason he would strike out 200 times in a normal season. The good teams with good pitching figure that chit out, and production falls once they don't throw a fastball to him. He has to make corrections to stay around.

Much like Carpenter never swinging at the first pitch and not making adjustments to do so. I hope DeJong keeps smashing the ball and hits 30-40 HR a year every year. I just don't see it happening if he doesn't adjust to MLB off speed pitches.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5