sptsman
(member)
08/19/17 12:08 PM
Re: PGA Championship - last Major of the year

Again, you either get it or you don't. What amazes me is how the "don'ts" are so aggressive with their bashing and trashing. I guess they feel that trying to tear it down somehow makes their favorite sport(s) better. My guess is they have done like so many others and tried it. They found out how hard it is and realized they couldn't be good at it without an investment of time, money and effort. The end result is to call every that can do it and/or enjoys it, a bunch of idiots...

Dawg and griff remind me of my father-in-law. He held equally disdainful opinions about golf and it didn't help when his twin brother and his son-in-law (me) would talk golf and even go play around together now and again. Well, as fate would have it, he ends up begrudgingly playing a few rounds and becomes addicted. For the past 20+ years he has averaged 1-2 rounds a week, when the weather is good and has taken multiple golf trips over those years. Of course I have to remind of his pre-conversion days once in a while.

And it is nice to have a sport you can play as you age. I played men's league sports well into my 40's but eventually you just can't play most of them. The physical toll or what I like to call "the-fun-to-pain-ratio" gets all out of whack and it just isn't worth it. And you can't call a workout at the gym or jogging or swimming laps a sport. I do all of those and they are just physical exercise.

And let's not forget one of the most important things about golf. You can play a round while enjoying a cold beverage, cigar and the company of some good friends!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5