last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
09/21/17 12:23 PM
Re: 2018 Cardinals

As I see it the Cards need 3 new position players.

1st, 3rd and RF.

To truly change this team, and by that I mean defensively too for sure, you need 3 new players there.

They have a lot of players with value to trade to get this done. I would try to keep Bader as our potential 3rd/4th outfielder and for me I would cut ties with both Grichuk and Piscotty and then Carpenter too to get the players and money they need at first, 3rd and pitching relief. Try to hold onto some of the young players on the farm if they can. Oneil looks good and then we have Garcia down there who is definitely on the move. Cards can fill that RF spot without spending a dime and focus on 1st and 3rd.

I doubt Mo agrees, so there's that.

Got a bad feeling about signing Lynn to the big money long term deal. Since he never got extended I believe they intended to let him walk not sure if anything has changed there or not but with the year he had I suspect they are rethinking that move.

I'll be surprised if they chase Stanton and shocked if they get him, but this franchise is going to have pressure on them this off season like never before. Yet another "one player" change ain't gonna cut it and I hope they know that.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5