H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
09/22/17 09:12 PM
Re: 2018 Cardinals

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Pham has proved himself all year. He is late to the bigs because of a massive list of injuries over his entire career, keeping him from consistently playing the game. Take a chance on the eye thing and stay with him unless some monster trade involves him which would not shock me that teams would want him. He NEVER lets up a second in any game.

So, let me get this straight... He breaks down a lot and he has a serious eye condition. But he has a good season at age 29 and he hustles hard like Rex Hudler used to, so bank on him as a key player on your team? Yeah, riiiiight.

No doubt he could put together another good season or two. But chronic eye issues and being injury prone are not what you want to see in a player you're going to count on for 150+ games a year.

Phambino isn't eligible for arbitration until 2019. FS eligible 2022. If dude only has 2 more good years left, why not keep him and use him for 2 years. He costs about 600,000 a year for a guy who is gonna hit 20+ HR and bat .280+, and score 100 runs. I'll take that for $600K.

The whole damn league knows about his vision. It's. It a secret. He isn't good trade bait with his eyes. Use him and when he can't play anymore he will go away. Get the good years out of him and move on. There is plenty of talent waiting to take over. That production for $600k a years is half what the cardinals would have gotten for $24 milllion a year with Heyward. Keep Phambino for his salary alone. He makes the league minimum while Piscotty will make $7.3 million a year after next season.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5