sptsman
(member)
10/24/17 12:29 PM
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE

I was at the first Preds vs. Blues game in Nashville all those years ago (1998 I thunk). A friend worked at Service Merchandise WHQ and we scored on some really good tickets. It was pretty comical actually. Most of the fans didn't have a clue what was going on. They cheered on more than one occasion when the Preds iced the puck and were completely lost with regards to the rules like icing, offsides, and the two-line pass (now legal). And of course the NHL officiating was only slightly better back then, so they really had a hard time understanding what constituted slashing and hooking and interference and boarding, etc... and what didn't. I had to tell a few I was helping understand the rules, "Sorry, I can't help you with those. But wait until late in the 3rd period and you'll really get confused, if the game is close...).

Was also in Nashville last week for a few nights, for work. Was going to try to catch a game but was a day late for the Avs game and the Flyers game was in Philly... Those fans are really pretty good. They support their team and for what they lack in hockey IQ they make up for with enthusiasm. And they have a lot more hockey sense these days than they did when they started there...

If I were going to go all Walt Kowalski on the Blues and forsake them, like griffin, I could root for the Preds. But I'm not traitor like that...

Go Blue!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5