sptsman
(member)
12/19/17 04:02 PM
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE

I have found people that don't know much about hockey and aren't really capable of intelligent analysis always fall back on the "heart" and "character" arguments. If you have been watching this team and know anything about hockey, you would be a fool to question the effort of this team to this point. They may have played 2 or 3 games where the effort looked less than 100% (Sunday night was one of them).

For what they have endured injury-wise, their record is impressive. And for what this roster is lacking, even before the injuries, the record is that much more impressive. A few players are not playing well right now. It happens. And those players need to step it up and get back on track. The problem with calling them heartless and such is that fans have no idea what injuries may be hampering a player. For obvious reasons, NHL teams guard injury information closer than the codes to the nuclear arsenal. Only this season did we learn that Steen was playing hurt most of last year. Now that he is healthy again, he is a force on this team. And if you can't see his effort/heart/character you are watching different games than me... I'll take the effort this team puts forth 9 time out of 10.

One thing can't be denied. This team was a better team without Berglund than with him... I'm still bitter about that signing.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5