griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
03/10/18 06:13 AM
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE

Quote:

IIFID said:
I don't know Griff about the worst..
The 78 - 79 team going 18-50-12 was really bad.
How about a total of 21 wins in 05 - 06? They sucked arse too.
Yep this team is really bad.. but I think both of those teams were worse.. bu they probably had more "heart"..

Those teams had no skill. Not so with this one.

Here's the truth, and I watched it in person for 5 years:

This was a team born of early draft choices and big contracts for "skilled" players. This is/was a skilled team, or at least it was built with that idea. Armstrong himself has said that there was a window for a cup run, and I don't disagree. (until he killed it)

The fact is, the "leaders" of this version of the Blues were NOTHING of the sort. They quit on one of the best coaches in hockey. After that happened the GM doubled down by extending contracts and firing the coach for a guy who was being "tutored on the job" to be the head coach while the head coach was still there.....a boneheaded move that could only be conceived by an idiot (Doug Armstrong.....the same idiot who extended the contracts of quitters). After the idiot fired the head coach, he traded away the only character players on the team, and instituted the new coach as the savior. Problem was, and is, the "leaders" of the team were still the same guys who quit on their coach.....it's in their nature....and they eventually quit on the new coach too.

No sir....there has NEVER been a worse "team" than this one to wear the Note. Don't be fooled by people who don't know hockey. This team was a failure from day one this season (the reason I dummped my season tickets).....propped up by a schedule quirk that made it appear they were better than they were (more games played than any other team in hockey by 4-8% in the first 3 months). The losses were ignored for the point total, which is a farce under the OT loss system in the NHL.

This is a team of quitters......there can never be a worse team than that....regardless of the record.

To add to the misery, Doug Armstrong's contract extension is a forking joke. He has ran this team into the ground. (Davidson left him plenty of good pieces)....ultimately HE owns this abortion and anyone who says differently is an idiot.

BTW - in case anyone is still counting, they are now 19th in the league......they've got two more places to fall before they are EXACTLY where I said they would be before the season started.......not even in the top 20.

FORK THIS TEAM!!!!!

griffin

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5