last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
03/10/18 10:47 AM
Re: 2017-2018 STL BLOUSE

They are in free fall right now. They weren't as good as their record in oct-nov but they are not as bad as their record is now either even though they are playing as bad as they can so yeah, it's a hard argument to make.

I don't disagree one of the worst teams in the franchises history. Some skill issues for sure but even worse some bad actors splitting the team up, imo.

We had what was a "heavy" team and DA moved and/or lost the most heavy players who happened to be key role guys in making this team go.

He never replaced them.

Rather, he re-signed Allen (worst move and completely unnecessary at the time),Steen and Berglund and Sobi. All convenient, lazy signings and all are part of the teams problems now one way or another.

Then you are left with guys like Tarasenko and Petro who couldn't lead a horse to water. Both skilled, talented and potentially great but presently wasting every bodies time and money as they pretend to play and fail their team.

Worth mentioning again is Allen. A true head case. He's signed for 3 more years too. Can't understate his role in all of this.

As I said imo there's a split on this team, a cancer that has exasperated all the other issues. Probably not more than just 2 players. Whatever the changes coming this summer, and there needs to be many, this HAS to be addressed and true leaders have to be brought in.

I would far prefer to see Thomas and Thompson and Kyrou and new players do their best next year trying to build something than watch this debacle.

As for Yeo, very disappointed in his handling of Allen and his complete failure to fix the pp all season long. I'm not sure yet but he also seems to be favoring the guys who have been around and, well, that makes no sense if he is.

It's a tough time right now. And DA is probably the last guy I would pick to fix this mess.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5