sptsman
(member)
04/26/18 11:05 AM
Re: 2018 Cardinals

Quote:

fastman said:

Like last night???

Tuesday's loss was 95% on Matheny (again). Should have pulled Weaver before he gave up the dinger. What part about "He doesn't have it tonight" does Matheny not understand? You carry 37 pitchers and fail to see that the most critical part of the game may come in the 4th or 5th inning. He was not having a good night and had just walked two. So, when one of the best hitters in the game comes to the plate, how about putting in a pitcher that has a prayer of getting him out or at least controlling the damage. And don't get me started on the bottom of the 9th. A forkin' little league coach knows the game is over if you can just get that man on 2nd base across the plate. So what gives you the best odds of that happening?

Matheny is just not a big league manger. In fact, I'm not so sure I'd want him as the skipper on any level team. Don't they have a spot for him somewhere in the organization where Mo and the DeWitt's can still have their man-crush on him, without him costing them MLB games every few weeks?

He sure shined last night, didn't he?

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5