sptsman
(member)
07/02/18 08:19 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

This team has plenty of dead weight and in a perfect world they would unload all of it, let the youngsters develop with a few key veterans and hope to be a Cup contender in a few years. That ain't gonna happen. Like EVERY team in the NHL, dead weight is part of the program. No GM/ownership out there has a perfect record. The key is to limit the F-ups and have less dead weight than the other teams. My best assessment is that the Blues had a few more than they could afford last year. Some of it was really unforeseeable and some could have been avoided.

The other reason it ain't gonna happen is because this team needs to make the playoffs and win a round or two. This ownership is going be in financial trouble if they miss the playoffs one or two more years. Unlike the Caps and Pens and Hawks of a few years back, they can't tank for a few years and get primo #1 picks that make the road back and a Cup a real possibility. It is a proven path to success but takes deep pockets and a giant fan base that will tolerate it...

Overall, I still think DA is about as good as they are going to do for a GM. I am not even close to sold on Yeo but he can change my mind if he shows some ability to adjust this season and find an asst. coach that can draw up a power play that can succeed at better than 12%...

Go Blues!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5