07/10/18 02:15 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Ghost written by DA's agent maybe??
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24045...n-oreilly-trade

The problem with fans (and I am guilty of this sometimes as well) is once they get a hard-on for a player, coach or GM it is almost impossible to convince them of anything other than what they already believe. A guy like DA could put together a Cup caliber team and many in STL will have a dozen reasons how he got lucky or it wasn't his doing.

I'm not saying DA is the best GM in the NHL. I am saying that most NHL analysts and "experts" consider him to be top tier. You don't get to be on the management team for Canada World Cup and Olympic teams, if you're a schmo.

And most importantly, who are you going to get to replace him? Is there a young assistant GM out there that is the second-coming of Sam Pollock? Or should they go out and get one of the NHL GM retreads that haven't won anything either?

I'm far more concerned with Yeo right now than Armstrong...

After watching the futile PP for all of last season, or certainly the later 2/3's, I share your concern for Yeo. And how he handled Allen, still hoping that was more DA than himself. But I'll give him this year. 3rd in the division should be achievable if Allen is worth a plug nickel.

Regarding DA, he is a part of the nhl good 'ol boys club and
I would not look for very much outward criticism of him from the choir. He has produced play off teams, but little else. His strength is clearly in making good trades. His weakness is another matter, re-signing players he should not, for too much and too long.

He's a mixed bag so it all comes down to results and so far, for a city without a Cup in 51 years, he falls short.

If he wins a Cup, he will be what he deserves to be, a great GM and I'll be the first to say it.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5