sptsman
(member)
09/04/18 01:40 PM
Re: 2018 Cardinals

Shildt's first major F-up was yesterday. Can't blame him for Sunday's debacle. Players have to make plays. When you can't put the game in the W column with bases loaded and nobody out, you deserve to lose.

Yesterday was about putting a player in a position he should have never been put. He had not only pitched the day before but choked as well. They have a 40 man roster and a pen full of live arms. It's like he picked up the phone in the 9th and called Matheny to ask, "What would you do?" Then followed his direction... I guess he gets a pass, based on what he's pulled off since mid-July. But man, I hope he learns from it (unlike Matheny).

And let's understand that J Martinez's at-bat in the 9th on Sunday is one of the reasons they need to trade him for some value in the off-season. He is 2018's version of 2017 Tommy Pham. A loooong time minor league player that has caught lightening in a bottle for a season. He is a below average defender and base runner. If he has any value, get what you can for him and move on, before the book on him gets figured out and his .309 average will be more in the .250 - .275 range.

Finally, is anyone else cringing at the idea of Wainwright starting a game, any game? I hope like heck they have the long reliever loosened up and ready. It needs to be a real short hook. I hope I'm wrong about this and will be the first to admit it... But I have very little hope that this is going to be anything other than a disaster...

I agree with griffin (gag, choke, gasp...), the team is at least fun to watch and games aren't so boring...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5