sptsman
(member)
03/26/19 01:45 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

Boston has plenty of its own problems. They are far from a lock to win anything. And Tampa is a very good regular season team. We'll see how it translates in the playoffs. I would not bet against them but all it takes is one good team on a roll to bounce them.

ls, I agree it is about the scoring in the playoffs but a good deal of the scoring in the playoffs is about toughness and grit. If you have noticed, many of the games where the Blues could not score, they had tons of SOG's with little or no net-front presence. When Maroon and others started getting dirty and mucking it up in front of the net, scoring came. Even in the games where they scored from the slot or D-men from the point, the physical presence had opened up shooting lanes. In the playoffs you have to play hard and be willing to hit and get hit. The game changes and unless you have Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and the rest of that Oilers dynasty-type players, you had better be ready for the battles.

I am not laying down any cash in Vegas but this could be one of those years like the 2012 Kings. Lots of similarities with the rough start, coaching change and peaking at the right time...

Rangers and Devils next. Both already eliminated from the playoffs. They really need to get 3 or 4 of the 4 available points...

Go Blues

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5