sptsman
(member)
04/11/19 12:54 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

Quote:

griffin said:
OK.....a win works.

Binnington was the difference....again. It was obvious that everybody in the building, Jets players and fans, tried to rattle the kid and he held up.....that could be HUGE if he holds that because everybody, in EVERY series, is going to run him. No doubt the team knows they owe him for being where they are and are willing to protect him, it shows.....so there's that. It's a bit of character from a team that needs some practice in that area....but they stood up for him, I'll give them that. When have we seen Steen ready to fight for anybody? But he was.

I thought the Blubs got pushed around a bit, but they weathered it....so that's a plus. The Jets are a big, tough team.

I haven't seen the stats but I have a sense that they didn't win as many faceoffs as they are capable of.

The power play HAS to be better.

The #1 line has to be better.

They are going to have to pick it up physically as this series goes on.....and that worries me.

Overall.....I was impressed with the win....because they stole one. That's what it takes to win a series. That's what we haven't seen before.

griffin

...and Perron was once again, one of the best players on the ice.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5