sptsman
(member)
05/22/19 12:15 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

How about this... I am going to be in Boston next Tuesday and Wed. for work. I may just have to see what a single seat will cost for game #2. My guess is less than in STL. The Boston folks have been a little spoiled the last few years, so maybe they will be reasonable. They are likely to be stupid expensive here in STL due to the 50 year drought...

I have to admit, it gave me great pleasure to watch Thorton lose. I have hated that SOB since the first game I saw him play. He was not "hard-nosed" or "A character guy" or even "chippy". He was a dirty player that injured many players intentionally. A few Blues have been on that list. Ask David Perron. It was the beginning of his concussion issues in 2010. Thorton was suspended for 2 games (and lost $77K of salary). Of course there have been several others that were injured by his cheap and dirty play. Fork that arsehole. I hope the forker has a long and suffering retirement...

As for the Boston series, it is really quite simple. If they play their game, work hard every shift and say disciplined, they can win this thing. If they get away form their game or take periods off, they will get smoked. And as important as anything will be the discipline. Taking stupid penalties or getting goaded into penalties by guys like Marchand will cost them dearly.

Finally, the media will try to hype the Backes angle but it really isn't that significant. He may have a good game and may even get a few points but he is not a key to the Bruins success. Hell, he has been a healthy scratch for the Bruin in previous games. But they'll need something to write about and there are enough simpletons to soak that drivel up. Personally, I would like to see him do what he did for the Blues every year he was in the playoffs and disappear...

Go Blues!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5