sptsman
(member)
06/03/19 02:05 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

Hard to imagine supposed Blues fans being so gleeful about a loss and potentially not winning the Cup. But I guess that what you get when you've put all your eggs in the I-hate-half-of-this-team basket and would rather they lose, so you can say I-told-you-so than seeing a Cup hoisted. Glad I'm not that sort of fan...

Again, just enjoying the run. Binnington's performance was not stellar but was far from the reason they lost that game. My guess is he'll perform just fine in Game #4, so long as the team in front of him plays a more solid game. Contrary to what I've heard a few of the talking heads say, this game tonight is do-or-die. If they go down 3-1 against Boston, they're chances of winning three in a row are as close to nonexistent as you can get without being nonexistent. If they win tonight, they're still underdogs but will have a reasonable chance of pulling it off.

Boston is a damn good team and has some Cup experience. It shows. More importantly, the Blues do not have any Cup experience and it really showed in game #3. The hype was over the top and they simply deflated when Boston scored the first goal. That was the direct result of letting the situation get to them. Almost immediately, the forecheck was nonexistent, the gap closures lessened and Boston was able to skate into the offensive zone and the whole team was generally playing on their heels. Part of being human I guess. Or as our resident Blues haters would say, they are gutless and have no heart/character. Either way, they need to pour it on for 60 mins tonight. Otherwise a few of our resident posters will get their way and be able to say I-told-you-so!!

Go Blues!!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5