griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
06/12/19 12:07 AM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

I was 7 in the Blues first season.....I had a scrapbook that I kept until I was about 12 or 13 that had EVERY picture of the Blues that the Post-Disgrace ran.....every. single. one. My neighbor and my dad split season tickets the first 4 years. I was in the old barn for the Blues first playoff game with the Canadiens. I was there for the 2nd game in the second season. My younger brother was at game 1 against Boston in 1970....I lost the coin flip and hated him and my dad for 2 months.

I fell asleep listening to Gus and Dan every single night there was a game, listening to an old gray AM radio.....I was a hockey nut.

I don't know how many games I've been to over the years....but I know NOTHING in sports will ever make me as sad as the day they tore down the Arena.....NOTHING....not even losing tomorrow. I miss hockey in the barn!!! I always will.

Hockey at the "new" place never captivated me like a game at the old place. The first day I walked in and saw those first pink seats I wanted to burn that dump to the ground. The renovation this year was looooong overdue (not that I went to any games. ) No team since the Sutter days has held my interest like those early years.

I have hated the latest version of the Blues with a passion that most can't understand. The moves the last few years were more of a "meh" moment than anything else.....until those bastards started to put it together this year.

I love hard hitting, dump and chase hockey. This team is playing my game right now.....it's forking amazing!!! I still don't like some of these guys......never will....they forking laid down on Hitchcock....LAID DOWN. It was pathetic and I won't get over it.

I want the Stanley Cup parading down Market Street. This city and it's fans have earned it!!! I want Bobby Plager with tears of joy. I don't care about anything else tomorrow night. I don't care if someone dies on the damn ice.....just win the Cup!!

If they don't.....I'm looking forward to this team's future under Berube.....and I'm headed to Stockton on Thursday to catch some walleye and drink some beer.......fork 'em. If they win, I'm headed to Stockton on Thursday to catch some walleye and drink some beer....fork 'em. I don't need to see the parade, i don't need to see the tears streaming down Plager's face. I know exactly what it looks like....I've seen it in my mind's eye for 50 years.

Just win the forking Cup!!!

griffin

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5