sptsman
(member)
07/03/19 04:24 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

0% chance Petro signs anything less than a 5 year deal and it will likely be 6 or more, for big bucks. There was a slim chance of a hometown discount and/or shorter term deal before the Cup. That very slim chance went to zero, when he hoisted the Cup. If the Blues want to keep him, it will be a huge deal and will likely cripple their ability to make any big splashes, with future signings. I'd be in favor of trading him. The only teams that will trade for him will be Cup contenders and you will not get a top line scorer for him. It will likely be some combination of high draft picks and prospects.

Allen will likely stay because of that salary. If he stays and plays 25% of the games, that should work out fine. He'll be the most expensive back-up in the league but as Scott said, what's done is done.

As much as I like Maroon and hope they sign him, he's not going to make or break the team. I said the same about Reaves. If your 3rd or 4th line muscleman is the difference in advancing in the playoffs, you have some other pretty big issues. He is a feel-good story but can be replaced for less than the $3 mil or $4 mil that he will likely get on a 2-3 year deal. And if he gets that, good for him!! I just think the Blues are likely to offer him $2 mil or less for 1-2 years. I give credit to DA for letting someone else pay for the end of Backes' career. This isn't exactly the same but the same concept.

Overall, I think the Dallas moves are over-hyped. They didn't get much faster or bigger. It looks to me like they may have improved on the skill level but enough to make a difference? I guess we'll see. I think the team to watch is the Av's. Lots of speed, young players, some skill and some size. I could see them in the Western Conf. Finals next year.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5