MB2
(member)
07/26/19 03:37 PM
Re: Binnington's hometown

Saturday night I was at a Stag and Doe for a friend of my kid's.

I can't tell you how many times, I heard from teachers and others, how grim the future looked for him, and his for his friends.

They went to school, worked part time, played organized sports, spent every dollar of their own on cars, dirt bikes, snowmobiles. If you gave them a pile of dirt and a patch of forest, they'd clear themselves a track, and form their own jumps. If they crashed, it, they'd fix it on their own. If there was a skiff of ice in the school parking lot, they'd be out there playing chicken in their cars. If one of them could afford a fast car, they'd be out on the hilly roads, trying to "get air".

If they partied, it was usually with one set of parents in attendance, and by the way, those parents were in attendance on Saturday too.

Well, today, these kids are slaying boomers. They are business people, tradespeople, teachers, architects building the world, and in public service. They work with their brains, backs and hands. There isn't one of them, who couldn't leave their in-demand job for 10 at higher-wages. At least one couple has been together for half of their lives, home owners, and most of them are parents themselves now.

My wild and raucous tribe, who a school counsellor once told me could be expected to change careers - not jobs, careers - up to 17 times in their lifetimes, because the school, had no idea, how tech was going to affect their lives.

My only wish on Saturday night, was that I could find some of those nay-sayer "authorities".

You are killing me Smalls!

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5