sptsman
(member)
11/01/23 11:08 AM
Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

Quote:

last_stand said:
Shaky start at best.

No way they survive without more pucks in the net.

Here is what baffles me. I am just a schmo watching the games and can see as clear as day what the issues are with the power play. Granted, I watch a lot of hockey but I have about 1,000th of the hockey smarts the Blues coaches have. Even if they don’t bring it up to the level it needs to be, how in the world can’t they figure out the fundamentals of running a power play? Faster puck movement, more shots on net and a netfront presence at all times… It sure looks like 5 guys go to their prescribed areas on the ice, slowly pass the puck around the perimeter and eventually turn it over when the D figures out they can attack the puck without consequences (i.e. the Blues getting a shot on net) or when one of the Blues tries to make a miracle pass through a lane that the D has 2 or 3 sticks in. I can understand a player parking at the middle or top of the faceoff circle if the were one-timing shots like Hull or Ovy. But they don’t even try the quick release shots. Sometimes I have time to refill my glass between the time a forward gets the puck and shoots. It is painful to watch.

We’ll see what happens tonight. I’m not optimistic. Hope the prove me wrong…

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5