sptsman
(member)
11/10/23 02:05 PM
Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

I sat last night and watched almost every minute of the game. to say they were lucky to get out with a regulation time W is an understatement. This team is just not that good and needs to play a hard, disciplined 60 every game, get a few breaks and hope the better teams are not on their A game. If the Blues play their best possible game, they are still not beating half the teams in the league, when those teams are playing well.

Last night's power play was a new low. That's a new low, for a team that I thought was as low as they could go with PP performance. It was beyond bad and even embarrassing. They are dead last in the NHL with a 2.86% success rate and I think that stat does not include last night's 0 for 7 or 8 performance. Two full minutes of 5-on-3 with at least two turnovers and zero grade A scoring chances. Then another 6 or seven 5-on-4's that displayed just how lost they are on the PP. For the love of Pete, hire a PP coach that has a resume of coaching successful PP's. This is now at crisis level!! I need to do some research to see if the NHL allows declining power plays. Maybe that is the answer...

I thought the strategy of firing everything at the net and racking up SOG's, was a solid idea. The problem is this team as few players that have a balls to crash the net like they need to and the skill to be able to work effectively net-front, in those situations. Granted, the players that have that grit and skill combined are limited. But if you don't have at least one or two of them, you will never make it very far in the playoffs. Heck, you may not even make the playoffs.

Let's see what happens in Colorado Saturday night. I'm not optimistic, but hope springs eternal...

Go Blue!!

PS - Would not be opposed to trading one of those prized prospects for a valuable veteran that can help lead this team. They still seem rudderless. They gave up Tage Thompson for O'Reilly and that worked out well for both teams. Something like that might be what they need.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5