sptsman
(member)
12/13/23 11:27 AM
Re: 23-24 SAINT LOUIS BLUES

Went to bed in disgust, after watching yet another collapse by a group of players that can't seem to find it in themselves to play a full, hard 60 mins. of hockey. Woke up to yet another firing of a Blues head coach, in a long list of really bad firings of head coaches. Just like so many others, this one will haunt Blues fans for at least a few years. Not 100% sure why, but this group of players seems to be a very good reflection of the twenty-somethings in general that can't seem to grasp the idea of hard work and taking direction. I'm going to struggle getting on board with this bunch, for quite some time.

Had I been the decision maker, I would have stripped Schenn of the "C" and sent a message that mediocrity is not enough. This team sorely lacks leadership in the locker room and on the ice. For players to openly say they just aren't working hard enough is an absolute embarrassment. It's bad enough to not be working hard. It's unbelievable to hear players admitting it out loud. I have to wonder if a few of these up an coming snowflakes with big contracts actually tried to get him fired.

I would not be looking for a 2019-like turnaround. This group of players just doesn't have the grit. There are a few bright spots, but waaaay too many problem children on this team. I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5