67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
07/20/17 02:46 PM
Re: How to Host/Post/Resize Pics

PostImg.org gives you options for resizing (though I didn't go through that above;it's an option on the Upload screen, above Choose Images), but you can also do it in programs on your computer. MSPaint comes with Windows, and that's what I'll describe here, but I installed and use Paint.net because it works better.

To use MSPaint;

To open a pic to work with:

Find the picture you want to work with, right click it, then in the menu hover over "Open with" and choose PAINT.

--------------------------------------------------------

To rotate the pic:

Above Image click Rotate, click the proper buttons to to get your pic rotated how you want it, then OK.

---------------------------------------------------------

To resize the pic:

Above Image click Resize.

Click Pixels, then change the numbers to whatever you want. My pics are always bigger than I want for posting, so I just change the highest number to 1,000. That size fits well on all the forums I use.

Saving the changes when you're done:

If you want to change the original pic, just click the red X to close it, and then click "Yes" when asked if you want to save the changes. If you don't want the original changed...

Click File, Save As..., JPEG, then decide on a new name and the location you want it stored. Usually the altered ones go on my Desktop, since I'm about to post them, then I delete the altered pic once posted. The original stays the same.

Some of the names will vary with different versions of Windows, but this should be close enough that you can tell what to do.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5